Affiliate Disclosure: Some of the links in this post are affiliate links. As an Amazon Associate, we earn from qualifying purchases. Learn more here.
If you’re trying to find the best 6.5” Car Speaker for Bass so you can rock out while on your way to work, you’ve come to the right place! We put together a list of great items for your car’s sound system. Find out their characteristics to give you clarity on some quality buys.
Your car comes with basic speakers to enable you to listen to your latest playlist or your favorite radio station. The question is whether these speakers are enough to truly appreciate your favorite song’s nuances and bass lines? The answer is invariably “no.”
So, on your next trip to the sound outfitters, what are you supposed to look for? With so many brands and products available, you can easily purchase an item not appropriate for your vehicle setup. Another scenario is where you buy one item that forces you to purchase additional products such as amplifiers.
There are quite a few features a good speaker needs to have. You’ll find a breakdown of these below. Before you start off, you need to think of what your purpose for the speakers is, as your goal will determine your need.
It doesn’t help if you buy large woofers—meant for good bass sounds—when all you want to listen to is classical music. Or maybe you don’t like the sound booming through the seats so bass-orientated speakers wouldn’t serve you well.
Let’s start this review with enough information to assist you in the decision you’re about to make.
Quick Look: Our Top Picks
Types of speakers
There are different components you can build a sound system with. Each component is fixed in a different place in your car. When these components are correctly installed, the combination of their sound will give you the desired effect. Components include:
- Tweeters: Small speakers that produce high sounds.
- Subwoofers: Larger speakers that produce low sounds. If you want your car to produce loud bass sounds, you need some of these.
- Woofers: Mid-range to low frequencies (sounds) are sent through these components.
Through wiring to your audio head unit as well as amplifiers, you create a customized system that produces the quality and volume of sound you prefer. Many people simply want an upgrade of their car’s speakers in the door panels. Is this what you’re after?
What characteristics should I consider when choosing a speaker?
Improving the sound in your car ideally shouldn’t involve cutting additional holes in the doors or panels so the speakers you buy can fit. By measuring your current speakers, you’ll know what size to look for so you can simply replace your old speakers with the new ones. You can also search online or ask suppliers which items are compatible with your vehicle.
A speaker with high sensitivity requires less power to still produce great sound. Knowledge about your available amplifier—how much power it gives—is necessary to know what type of speaker will still function with it. If you send too much power to your speaker, you can damage it.
If you want to send a lot of watts through the speaker, it has to be able to handle that amount of power. You don’t want to damage the speaker itself by pushing too much power through it.
The amount of power it can handle at a constant flow will be noted on the speaker as RMS (root-mean-square) value. Your amplifier has a certain amount of power it will send to the speaker. These two numbers must be compatible.
You don’t want to replace your speakers every year. This will be a waste of your precious budget. To make sure you buy speakers that will survive the brunt of high volumes, you should opt for speakers made from durable products and encased in protective surrounds.
Speakers in a car need to be more durable than a stationary speaker used at home. On the road, a certain amount of deterioration takes place by rattling in a car door day by day. Good casings protect the speakers against this damage and also enhance the sound quality.
An important decision you have to make is whether component speakers or coaxial speakers will be best for your setup. There is no general better option because the type must match your taste and skills.
- Component speakers: The speaker setup in your car is made up of different components such as a woofer and a tweeter. This system produces great sound but is more expensive. It’s tricky to install yourself.
- Coaxial (full range) speakers: One unit has all components inside: woofer, speaker and subwoofer. These speakers are more affordable and even easy to install, but you’ll sacrifice some sound quality.
Speakers are such intricate and sensitive components. This is no wonder, because they’re manufactured to produce great sound, whether you’re listening to a violin or heavy metal music. To have all these different sounds brought forward in a clear manner, there are many small components that play a big role.
An example of these components is the voice coil, which is an electromagnet pulling the speaker cone back and forth to produce sound waves. You need to make sure of the quality of these items before you commit to buying a specific speaker.
So now you know what to look for, let’s see what some of your options are. We put together a range of 6.5” speakers. Which one will work for you?
5 Best 6.5” Car Speakers for Bass
If you are in search for some good quality speakers which aren’t too expensive, then Pyle may be the one for you. These speakers will offer you great sound and frequencies that you will love thanks to its polypropylene cone.
- It’s an affordable speaker option balanced with clear, high quality sound.
- Durable casing made of rubber. Rubber is a great shock absorber.
- It can handle up to 300 watts of power. As a pair, as each speaker handles 150 watts very well.
- It features a modern design with a yellow steel basket.
- It’s easy to install.
- This speaker has a 1-year warranty.
- You can find better options on the market, but in this price range, these speakers offer some of the best sound quality.BUY THIS ONE
The Pyramid Midbass woofer features a foam surround, enhanced by a back plate design, and a magnet structure of about 30 oz. Perfect to use as a woofer in 3-way systems or in 2-way systems.
- Each of these speakers can handle up to 200 watts. It’s sold as a unit of 4 speakers so you can push up to 800 watts through them to create great sound.
- The speaker produces great mid-bass and bass sounds.
- It’s an affordable choice when compared to other speakers that produce the same sounds.
- The speakers come with a 2-year warranty.
- No amplifier is needed with these speakers, so you can have great sound with minimal installation effort.BUY THIS ONE
The Rockford PPS4-6 Punch Pro is a 6.5″ loudspeaker designed for high sound pressure level conditions. The large structure of the motor and voice coil, mixed with a reinforced paper cone made from fiber, definitely makes this a sensitive speaker that offers you lots of power.
- This speaker’s design makes sure it’s protected against the shock of constant movement. This is done through a paper cone reinforced with fiber
- The speaker is designed for mid-range sounds, but will sufficiently provide clear high sounds, especially when connected to an amplifier.
- This speaker is designed for midrange so its bass sounds aren’t as powerful as some other speakers.BUY THIS ONE
The Pioneer TS-A series are considered as one of the highest-selling car speakers available. They are quite in demand, and it’s not hard to see why. They aren’t cheaply made and they produce crisp sounds with full bass, accurate treble, and clear mids.
- This little speaker can handle up to 320 watts of power, which makes it a powerful option.
- The speakers are easy to install, so you can have great sound with little effort.
- You receive a 12-month warranty upon purchase.
- It has 10 percent more power-handling than previous models in this range.
- It is lightweight but durable.
- Though expertly designed to handle power as well as physical strain, you need to take extra effort to make sure the speakers aren’t damaged. Otherwise, they won’t keep on functioning well.BUY THIS ONE
With this model, Polk offer a powerful subwoofer and 5W audio driver to ensure you get crisp sound. The quality of bass offered by these speakers makes it all worthwhile.
- Despite it only handling up to 165 watts of power, it’s a durable speaker that can even be used in boats.
- It has clear sound in the high and mid ranges.
- Its coaxial speaker design means you don’t have to install any other component. It’s a great all-in-one speaker.
- It handles less power than some other speakers of the same size: only 165 watts.
- Bass sounds don’t come through as clear as in some other designs.BUY THIS ONE
The range of options are really impressive, because most of these speakers are affordable while producing great sound. As mentioned above, the thing you have to consider before you decide is what you want to do with the speakers.
If you’re looking to pump great bass sounds at high volumes, the Pyramid W64 is your best option as the others aren’t designed for this particular task. If you don’t want to go to too much effort, you need to get the Pioneer or the Pyle because installation for them is an easy DIY job.
All product names, logos, and brands are property of their respective owners. All company, product and service names used in this website are for identification purposes only. Use of these names, logos, and brands does not imply endorsement.
It is our policy to make every effort to respect the copyrights of outside parties. If you believe that your copyright has been misused, please provide us with a message stating your position and we will endeavor to correct any misuse immediately.
Some of the links in this post are affiliate links. As an Amazon Associate, we earn from qualifying purchases. This means if you click on the link and purchase the item, we may receive an affiliate commission, at no extra cost to you. This helps us keep this website alive. Learn more here.